View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:08 AM   #107
ApS

Cool Consulting Edmund Burke...

Thanks to this discussion (and a check of my chart), I see that the BP NWZ area has always been in easy reach of my neighbors and me. If the new NWZ moves "hurried boaters" to the other side of Little Bear Island, a very large area west of Tuftonboro Neck will allow peaceful boating for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Boy View Post
"...Hmmmm...it is not unreasonable to suggest that any individual or group who is safety minded would support such a measure. That's just common sense..."
Some individual or group could get mud on their faces. Cue a famous Edmund Burke quotation here:
Quote:
"...while a few good men do nothing".

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
"...How many people that bought their houses knew what the situation was in front of their house when they bought it and are now trying to change it...?"
1) Read the letters: some writer's families have been there since the mid-1800s.

2) We forget that renters are supporting a local economy, while miles of Lake Winnipesaukee have huge McMansions that are empty.

3) What happened to "This Lake is for Everybody".

BTW: One of those letters includes somebody—in opposition—whose nearby island includes a NWZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
"...The wind and rain blew hard all night and waves washed up on my front lawn. The white caps were big and the rough water caused my boat to rock against the dock and pull at it's lines. Does anyone know where I can submit a petition to get this corrected or have the rough water taken off the lake...?"
Yup... C'mon over—tie up to my dock...

Just be sure that your boat size is greater than the wakes' crests, so it won't hit bottom while we're working out the details of your petition.
Attached Images