View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #39
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar View Post
You know, it's comments like yours that really irk me. It's insulting and uncalled for. I really try to get along with everyone, but that kind of attitude makes it pretty much impossible.
Evenstar, you really need to notch down the sensitivity level by about half.

Several people have tried explaining to you why your argument or point of view may not be entirely logical. Reasoning didn't seem to be working, so I thought I'd try an analogy. It seems though that any post, comment, thought, or wish that goes against your tunnel-view idea of what is right and wrong is going to be met by hostility and lashing out from you.

You can wear all the bright colors that you like, but a big part of the problem with your kayak is that is simply does not have the surface area or overall volume above the waterline to be easily spotted. Adding more colorful bits to your kayaking costume doesn't solve that simple matter of physics.

If you want to go out and play amongst the powerboats in the big parts of the lake, then just attempt to increase the physical size and visibility of your craft. This might (gasp!) require that you come down off your high horse and make some concessions and/or adjustments to how you enjoy your sport.