View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #62
Webbsatwinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
The cove is not a spot where boats are going to run though all day long... it is a dead end.....

Most of the wave action, comes from the body of water outside the cove.... so if the No Wake zone unreasonably went out as far as going from the point of Meredith neck, to Stonedam island.... then maybe it would help with erosion.. But that is unreasonable... A line from Hen to Oak works and once again I would probably be ok with that, but it still leaves the opening of the cove wide open, and thus will not likely have an effect on the erosion issue. If the opening to the cove was narrow, then the argument of making the area no wake for this reason has more merit.

Noise is what noise is, it travels quite nicely across water.....and with nothing to disturb it, it will carry on for quite a while.... Once again that is a busy part of the lake, the sound is going to carry.... making the small cove a no wake area, is probably not going to bring the daily average db level, down much at all.

So BI you are right, I don't see much benefit to proposing a NWZ in this area... I can go deep into the science for that reasoning, and start providing facts but I have learned in the past that facts don't seem to matter in these cases......

But I have also stated now several times, that I don't see a real problem here, with a reasonable NWZ in that area... I have even defined what the reasonable no wake zone would be.... And stated that I can provide examples of where there are similar areas on the lake....

Last don't quote me wrong, I never said "made lots of enemies"... I said make some enemies.... and even said potentially... which means that hey maybe no enemies would be made... I don't know..... Maybe everyone in the cove would love him for it.....

Bottom line is this.... I have neither fully supported or fully admonished the idea of a no-wake zone in this area.... I have stated my opinions, and why I don't know that it is a good idea.... Quite truthfully it is hard for me to make a determination either way until I see an actual proposal.... If ralbaneze wants to do this, I support him in doing so it is his right..... Notifications will go out to the abbuters of the effected area, and democracy at its finest will go to work.

My only hope is that ralbaneze will notify this forum of his decision, so that if something is submitted we can all review it... and then truly decide how we feel....

I didn't bring the debate into this thread, I only joined in once it got going... I have tried my best to offer constructive comments.... Never once I have spoke negatively to the idea... I have simply stated my opinion as to why, I don't think the NWZ will bring about the results the original poster seems to want... Apparently that is being translated into, the concept that I am a no good speed demon.....

Here is the funny part, I own a 18' bow rider, that currently tops out at maybe 50... All the rules that everyone gets all up and argumentative about have effected my enjoyment of the lake 0%...... my boating practices have not changed, and I enjoy the lake, just as I want everyone else to have the opportunity to.... I however want people to think about what they propose, and what good may or may not come of it... I don't use scare tactics, I provide facts when I can, and am and have always been willing to sit down and talk about the lake and issues concerning the lake with people when ever possible... Constructively....

Well said "Thanks!" I lost my "thanks" ability somehow so thought i would do it this way.