View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 10:18 AM   #51
Not to Worry

Default "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins."

People have a very parochial view when it comes to speed limits, NWZ, "right of way" versus stand on and give way, etc.

I boat in FL and I have a 30 MPH speed limit, no wake outside of the channel, numerous no wake or minimum wakes etc, inside the channel. We all deal with it just fine.

Winni has very few NWZ and although they can be a pain there are nothing compared to the real world of boating. Speed limits? The exist on snowmobile trails, roads, waterways, and even ski trails can take your ticket for going to fast.

The supporters of no speed limits etc., think that their rights supersede my rights.
For example I find the noise from the GFBL boats to be offensive while some are thrilled with noise. OK...but I have a right to have a limit to the noise and you have the right to make more noise than is necessary.

Noise and speed have not been eliminated but they have been regulated. Everyone did not get what they want but we all got SOME of what we want.

The vast majority of the lake is open to cruising to your hearts content without NWZ. Speed limit of 45 mph is just fine for the vast, vast majority.Things changed on the lake because that is what most wanted! Things will continue to change on the lake to make it safer, and yes less noisy. Or maybe better said Winni is just catching up to the real world.