View Single Post
Old 11-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #28
Just Sold

We vacationed for 2 summers in Cummings Cove and really enjoyed it there. The most traffic I saw was on the other side of the cove toward Sally's Gut plus there were boats pulling kids on tubes in the outer half of the cove and they do generate a lot of wave action. But I saw little boat traffic in the area of Oak Island and Hen Island. The inner half of Cummings Cove toward the end and on the left is all rocks and the navigation markers direct boat traffic to the right. The waves from these boats in the"other" areas of Cummings Cove can and do end up in the cove between Oak and Hen. I understand the frustration but it is all part of the busy weekend traffic that occurs on the whole lake. Some of the waves may even come in from outside of Spindle Point at the entrance to Cummings Cove. The cove between Oak and Hen and most of Cummings Cove appear to be protected from the more severe NW winds but I believe the worst shore errosion may occur during windy weather from other than the NW and from normal boat traffic in the whole of Cummings Cove. My experience is that on weekdays it is very quiet in Cummings Cove.
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Sold For This Useful Post: