View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #186
winni83

I was the source of the quote by APS regarding the wisdom of using such a device (posts #166 and #171). The issue of whether one is temporarily blinded by the use of such a device will be looked at from the perspective of the eyes of the beholder and not the flasher. The significant difference between the PED and reflections off other boats or water surfaces is that the PED is being aimed at someone. In any given circumstance, APS has no idea what the effect will be since he cannot be at the sending and receiving end at the same time (or maybe he can – see below). Just one small example of the utter arrogance of this crowd. Were APS to use such a device towards my eyes, I would not hesitate for a second to report him. As an aside, the algorithm which apparently limits the number of posts APS can make within a given time period is commonly known as an APSED – an APS Exclusionary Device.

Obviously, there has been a death among the deities and APS, SOTD, TB, BI, El-C et. al. have been appointed to determine infallibly what is reasonable and civilized for us all, whether it be speed, horsepower, size or type of boat, no wake zones or whatever else annoys or disturbs them from time to time. From the recent observations of APS about the alleged goings on at Cow Island, I am waiting for some proposals to further regulate barking dogs, music and other “cowboy behavior”, apart from existing laws and regulations. It just is not civilized, don’t you see, and such rowdy behavior unduly interferes with one’s tranquility.