Thread: Ice-Out 2007
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #128
CanisLupusArctos

Default Grilling out season is here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Life
Or maybe not a castle at all, DRH. To me, it looks more like Poseidon's Trident.
Hmmm. I see a Greek letter like on the side of a college fraternity house. Last time I checked, frat brothers liked fishing, and grilling out... so I think this is a sign of summer!

This morning I looked over towards Meredith Neck (in the direction of Gatto Nero's Black Cat Island Cam) and saw that the ice accumulated over there during the storm is now GONE!

Down the lake between Hull, Bear, Steamboat and 5-Mile it's having a harder time leaving but the temp has just shot skyward with sunny conditions. In the last hour the dewpoint (amt. of moisture in the air) has suddenly fallen through the floor. I thought for sure we'd seen our last subzero dewpoint of the spring until just now. That's great news for the lake level (which is still rising.) Extremely dry air means more evaporation and less runoff, quicker end to the flooding.

Could also be great news for iceout too - if we get some incredibly dry air blowing across the ice along with the higher temps it may help the ice to evaporate as well as melt - speeding up the disappearing process without adding to the lake level.

Beautiful day! Time for a storm cleanup BBQ!
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote