View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 07:49 AM   #18
Lucky1

Well we finally got to the Lobster Pound Sunday evening. We both had the twin lobsters that were really excellent. I had read something about being served Lobster in several pieces on a post here so merely asked to have the lobsters served whole and they were. Really delicious lobsters. Hard shells made them a bit hard to crack. One claw on each was tiny (much less than the usual one larger than the other) but they were a nice size and tasty so it did not matter!

Jennifer was our server and was attentive and excellent. She brought over a few extra cherry tomatoes after one was a bit spoiled in one of our salads. Jennifer frequently asked if we needed anything and offered more rolls etc. The garlic rolls were very good as was the corn bread and we were happy to have the second basket.

It seemed like the butter was mixed with oil or something which seemed not as tasty as real melted butter, but I did not mind as I do not eat a lot of melted butter as I am watching my fat intake. It was a problem for my dining partner though. I did not like the taste either though.

For desert I chose a piece of pretty good cheesecake. I did not have wine but my dining partner did. I was told the wine was awful.

The twin lobsters were $24.95 I think. The glass of wine was $7.00. and the cheese cake was $5.00. Two dinners with tax and 20 % tip came to $80.00. I would have liked a side included with the lobsters and salad such as a sweet potato. I noticed that the person with lobster at another table had ordered french fries. I thought that for the price of $24.95 a potato or vegetable selection would make the meal nicer for me. However we enjoyed the lobsters for sure!!! Don't know if my dining partner would order two lobsters again. I might but am not sure. All in all it was a very nice meal.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote