View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 06:57 PM   #103
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimi View Post
I just hope this guy has some common courtesy to keep the wakes down when near shoreline, especially with the lake at this high level. That vessel has potential to do some serious damage to the shoreline and personal property. I believe NH has a law on the books which states that a vessel captain is responsible for damages done by his wake (but I could be wrong).
Seriously?

As stated above, the Sophie C and the Doris E produce much larger wakes than this boat will. My experience is that their wakes are larger than the Mount Washington.

However, the increasing problem on the lake is the "Wake Setter" boats and other boats designed specifically to make a large wake. This new 56 foot boat may pass by once or twice and leave a wake. The Wake Setter boats may set up for a few hours in front of your house while everyone on the boat takes a turn in the lake. Hours of heavy wakes washing up on your front yard.

This is a real threat, one that is happening now. I saw the first one yesterday, with a surfer in the water, in front of my house. The wake from that boat washed several feet over the sea wall and onto my property. It is only going to get worse.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: