View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 07:28 AM   #12
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApS View Post
Freshwater Cyanobacteria. In North America Gloeoitrichia appears unexpectedly in many remote oligotrophic lakes during late summer and fall. It is also reported from several remote and pristine lakes in the undisturbed boreal forest watershed. Recently Gloeoitrichia was also found in 26 of 27 ‘low nutrient’ lakes in New England USA (Carey et al. 2012).

I'm left a bit confused here, not that I typically believe anything published on Wikipedia - but since we are going to agree that what is there is factually correct, it seems these things occur naturally in "remote and pristine" lakes.

So are we to believe that this actually can occur in a place where APS non approved "oversized" boats don't exist? Huh who would have thought that this may just be a natural phenomenon. In fact in a "low nutrient' which seems to contradict the whole high nutrient run off into the lake is bad and causing these problems. You may want to - before quoting stuff off the internet - check your sources before using them as an exhibit to argue the opposite point. I actually believe that run off and high nutrients are a problem.

In other news, I decided to go take a look in Winter Harbor at the extensive reported damage by APS about all the trees that were falling into the water at such an alarming rate. Shockingly didn't see any. In fact I didn't see any significant wave action in there, few folks pulling people but certainly not the crisis of the century.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote