View Single Post
Old 02-18-2014, 02:50 PM   #62
Sky-Hawk

Smile B-18 Alton Bay Ice Runway

I flew onto Alton Bay on January 31st, landed, had a delightful lunch, talked with Donna Marie Comeau at Facets where I was given a certificate that stated that I was crazy enough to fly from Philadephia (Pottstown actually) just to land at Alton Bay. I have been watching this activity for four or more years, but this is the first time my schedule, the weather, the ice, and the airplane were all in the "go" mode.
I am a private pilot with 500 hours of flying time, and flew Piper Archer N4306B in to a smooth landing. I also happen to have spent two of the best years of my youth at Belknap College in Center Harbor way back in the '60's.
My reason for saying all this is to preface my saying "Thank you" to Paul and all the volunteers who work with the State of New Hampshire and the FAA to keep B18 open in the winter. My Thanks also to Donna Marie and Paul for listening to all those phone calls that come in.
I flew up last October and landed on a normal runway at Laconia so my wife and I could attend a reunion at Center Harbor and Meredith for Belknap. The College may be gone, but the Spirit is great.
One year, I hope to make it to the Alton Winter Festival. Thanks
Mike
Sky-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sky-Hawk For This Useful Post: