View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:17 PM   #309
XCR-700

Wow this is indeed a very troubling situation,,,

I would not be surprised to see such madness down here in MA, but I thought (or more correctly hoped) that NH would have treated a situation like this very differently.

It looks like NH has turned to the dark side and the MA border really has moved north, sadly much farther than I had imagined,,,

I am an outsider to this, but I can tell you all that if you don’t find a way to turn this tide back, you will surly regret it.

I do not know Mr. Bird and make no attempt to use him as any example, but the situation speaks for itself. If you concede that he was on his land, then so long as he was not using his gun in any other way than displaying it as a warning (drawn or not) and this is the outcome, then you folks are in serious trouble of becoming another Massachusetts!

I don’t care to debate the folks who argue run if you have the option, we need not live in fear regardless if we are on our own land or ANYWHERE.

If you trespass you risk a serious warning which should include display of a firearm and a potentially citizens arrest until LE can respond.

If we are in a public place and face any reasonable perceived danger we must have the right to defend ourselves, which should include removing a gun from its holster. Using it is another matter and carries its own consequences, but if we continue to allow our ability to defend ourselves to be taken from us, we will surly become a people of the government, and the foundation to which our country was founded (a government of the people) will have come to pass and our way of life where personal freedom is a cherished right, not a privilege for the wealthy and powerful few, will have come to an end.

Unlike those of us in MA you folks still have a chance,,, but don’t wait too long or you will not have any say.

If what I have read here is even partially true, this is a travesty. And to that end, I salute the overwhelming majority of you who appear to be supporting the Bird family. I sincerely hope their suffering ends soon and this matter is resolved and Mr. Birds freedom is restored.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: