View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #18
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmen24 View Post
Proper conservation of these animals will allow you to see these animals for generations to come and hunting is the biggest part of that conservation force. Over population creates a recipe for disaster for these animals. Hunters are not the enemy and most are some of the most respectful stewards of the open lands in this state that you will probably ever meet.

There are some that are less than sporting in their pursuit of harvesting game. And for that, I do not blame you at all for not wanting to disclose your location, I would not for my own area.

GBG, please know that I am not condemning your post (your posts give the impression of a pretty fair and balanced person), you have every right to have whatever opinion on the matter that you wish to have. For most hunters, the actual act of harvesting game is the climax to lots of dedication of time and energy. All game animals are respected and honored by the people that choose to persue them. There is more of an emotional connection than you might think.

And to stay on topic, don't feed the bears.

It is a treat to be able to live in an area where you can view these animals in their natural habitat. Even if we are encroaching on it.
I am not against hunting. I just hope the bears that I enjoy watching are not shot. My husband is an avid hunter. He hunts deer for a week in NY state and for two weeks in Kansas. I personally would not want to hunt or shoot an animal.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greene's Basin Girl For This Useful Post: