View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #34
ishoot308

Thanked 4,943 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Compromise

In my opinion there should have been a compromise before it got this far.

I was never for a speed limit but I did understand the concerns of the few waterfront land owners and boaters who had issues with a very small group of irresponsible boaters. Yes, it is and always will be the few that ruin it for the many.

Is there a reason to go 60 mph in Alton Bay, Wolfeboro Bay, Winter harbor, Meredith Bay, etc, etc...The answer in my opinion is no and I am certain that most responsible boat owners on this forum and in general do not do this. But the fact remains that the few that do have ruined it for all.

I feel the only hope that we the S.L. opponents have is to come up with a compromise where the open water broads have no speed limit and other areas such as bays and coves are addressed accordingly with a speed limit that Marine Patrol can enforce.

In the end, we all need to be more responsible in our actions on the lake, not just in regards to the speed limit, but in a way we can secure a happy and safe environment for everyone to enjoy the states greatest recreational resource. That should be the main goal of both opponents and proponents. This can be done, but it will take compromise.

Just my opinion;

Dan
The Following User Says Thank You to ishoot308 For This Useful Post: