View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #35
jmen24

Default Lack of Knowledge on funding!

Folks, F&G does not have access to the general fund, in or out. They get a $50,000 dollar match per year from the general fund for non-game related use.

I have no problem with paying a fee for my canoes as long as long as ALL of the proceeds go to Fish and Game. Marine Patrol funds their budget from our taxes, F&G does not.

Most S&R is headed by F&G, most (the others are typically on the town level) public access sites in the state of NH are aquired by, developed to a useful standard by and maintained by, Fish and Game. This includes all lakes, ponds, rivers and streams in NH.

The only boats I own are paddle craft and I have no issue with this request, as long as the money goes to the agency that needs and will provide the best use of it, Fish and Game. If MP gets any of this money than I will not hold the same position that I have stated today.

Don't believe me. Do some research.
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Insi..._QandA.new.htm

And before anyone tells me to give them my own money so they can keep theirs. I have conservation plates on my vehicle, I pay over $100 a year in hunting and fishing licenses, as well as OHRV registrations ($50+), I donate information gathered in my time in the woods, to help the state biologists with game management. And I also donate an amount of money each year as a personal contribution.

I somehow believe that this has nothing to do with funding a vital agency in this state that is in serious need of additional funding. And more to do with filling the state coffers.