View Single Post
Old 01-04-2020, 06:39 AM   #79
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

It sounds like most people realize and understand the need for financial support for lake access in NH. Whether that is a result of revenue vs. needs or proper diversion of funds and how to fix the problem or raise the needed funds seems to be the sticking points.

I have no answers for those, but can we just take a moment to celebrate this joyful moment of positive discussion? GOOOO TEAMMMM!!!

Seriously, though, the Hike Safe card has really earned a following--each year, I see reminders posted on hiking forums I belong to and the overwhelming response is that it's worth supporting.

Is maybe a "Boat Safe" card an option, where a portion of the money goes to marine safety organizations and the rest into making sure water access facilities are safe? Maybe the state could work out a deal with restaurants, businesses, tow companies, etc. for discounts to those who purchase one?

I'd gladly hand over $20 for a Boat Safe card if I could save even 5% on a trip to ParaFUNalia or $5 off a fill-up at Ambrose Cove or...ooh! ooh! a free topping on my Candy Bar Explosion sundae at the new 19-Mile Bay store!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote