View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 12:51 PM   #12
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
I've got three bright kayaks that we've been using on the lake for five years with no issues. As for taxing yakkers for using ramps, parks, rescue and patrol services, seriously, what percentage of those costs could possibly be attributable to kayaks? Mind you, I have no problems with my motorboaters registration.

Yet, there are irresponsible kayakers out there just as there are irresponsible motorboaters. And in both cases they are the primary drivers of a need to enforce. Because enforcing requires resources, if anything, increase fines for irresponsible behavior to cover any funding needs. Don't tax folks that are using the lake in a low impact, environmentally sensitive manner and in my experience are nearly always respectful to their surroundings.

By the way, I can't say I know the stats so maybe I'm missing something here. But I would wager that there are a lot more bike (the peddle version) related accidents than there are with kayaks. Are they going to require annual bike registration now too?

Ridiculous.
Agreed. If they're short on cash, I'd have no problem with an increased registration on my sailboat. But a kayak fee of $10 is just ridiculous--they have virtually zero environmental or enforcement expenses
FlyingScot is offline   Reply With Quote