View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 01:01 PM   #19
muskatd

Default Welch Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith Point View Post
I’ve been looking for any history of Welch Island. That’s where my grandmother (Hilda Luce) was originally from.
I herd some disturbing news from a family member that she lost there house on Welch Island in a lawsuit involving the butler or the chauffeur in a BUI accident, death resulting.
Is there a website or a link on the history of Welch Island?
Hi. I'm Dan Muskat. This post was just brought to my attention.

My great grandfather purchased the Luce property at auction some time in the 1940's. The auction listing is framed and hangs on the wall. North Ledges (as it was named) was passed down to his son, Lester Shapiro, c. 1963 then to my father, Irwin Muskat, c.1987. A few years ago I had the honor of meeting Hilda Luce and touring the property with her. I believe she was in her 90's at the time. He memory was incredible. She showed us things we never knew about this fabulous place. Since, I have met Sarah Spaulding. She is a wonderful woman.

My father has made it his life work to keep the property in the condition it was meant to be. It is still as beautiful as when the Luce's built it. There are a few modern accoutrements but all in all still rustic.

Our family cherishes North Ledges. It is very special to us. If you or anyone in your family would like to come visit, we'd love to have you. We generally go up through the last weekend of October.

And, sadly, I have heard that the story about the chauffeur is true.
muskatd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to muskatd For This Useful Post: