View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 08:27 AM   #11
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Maybe they found it irritatingly loud. I really enjoy seeing well-made boats, and most fast boats are very nicely built, but I find loud exhaust irritating. Was it louder than underwater exhaust? If so, perhaps it was simply the noise that bothered them, not the brand or style.
I'm sure it was the noise, after all, it was a 30 Outlaw with twin engines (and thru-hull exhaust) so twice as much noise. I also believe the comment was made for my benefit too since I was sitting across the dock from him in my 25 Outlaw (too bad, only 1 engine!).

I understand what you're getting at but my point is there was no reason to make the sarcastic comment he made! All the guy did was fire up and drive off!! I presume the 30 Outlaw was legal as far as exhaust noise goes, the same as mine (I have not altered the factory exhaust on my boat since I bought it new in 2004). And he wasn't complaining about how loud the boat was; I could understand that if his comment were about the sound level. I realize not everyone likes the sound of horsepower like I do (and also onlywinni and a few others on this forum). He was just being sarcastic; to me, he acted like he owned the whole damn lake and that's what irritated me!!