View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 04:49 PM   #7
Wolfeboro_Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelnut View Post
She also has probably heard the rhetoric from the supporters side as they make no attempt to disguise their contempt for a particular brand of boat.
I witnessed that first hand last weekend! I was at the Meredith public docks, near the end of one finger. On the other side of the dock is what appeared to be a small cuddy cruiser with perhaps 6-8 people on board enjoying munchies and sodas; in front of them on their side of the dock was a Baja 30 Outlaw. My wife and I had chatted with the couple on the 30 Outlaw for a few minutes, they seemed nice enough. They fired up their twin engines and pulled away from the dock. Once they were 100ft or so away from the dock, I could hear one of the guys on the cuddy cruiser comment to his friends, "Well, I wasn't impressed; were you?" and more comments ensued about how "offensive" the Baja was, apparently just because it has thru-hull exhaust!!

Some people have alot of nerve!!

The other thing that bothers me about this whole speed limit debate is how these supporters don't "feel safe" if a boat is 1000' away doing 65mph but they have no problem travelling 65mph or more on the interstate with cars around them less than 8ft away!! What exactly is the difference?? Are people in cars less likely to have accidents?? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!!!!! If we were to follow the Winnfabs and other SL supporters way of thinking, the speed limit on the interstate should be down around 35mph by now what with all the congestion on the interstate these days!!

There are more boneheads on the road than there are on the lake, we just don't call them captain!!