View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
VtSteve

Default Good article

Once again, it would appear that most understand why the lake traffic was down this year, and that it Was down. Even the Marine Patrol seems to know more about the problems on the lake than those with a perception, not facts.

For those that are truly innocent in this debate, meaning they really believe fast is the problem. There was a great story here about how people perceived a group of go-fasts to be going very fast. It was reported they were going around the speed limit.

I bet if ten 20 foot boats were going 60 mph in a group, I doubt many could guess what their speed was. I also would guess that if ten go fasts were doing 50 mph, many would guess they were going faster than the smaller boats.

This article is great because it once again shows a couple of things. First, the Marine Patrol agrees with many that there are far more pressing problems to deal with. Secondly, speed limit promoters do not have facts to support their arguments, and many of their claims are contradicted by facts from a variety of sources.

Everyone should just step back and try to review in their minds what really happens on the lake, with no bias. Use you eyes. I think the problem for many is congestion. I've known for over thirty years that if you don't like congested lakes on weekends, you probably wouldn't like Winnipesaukee. There's a ton of boats on the lake, always has been. I might also add this little flyer. The two most vocal proponents of the SL have had their views contradicted by almost every source available.