View Single Post
Old 03-19-2022, 07:14 AM   #10
fatlazyless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeadoodle View Post
Cheesits are poison to Canadian Geese. Careful; you might get another visit from the Conservation Officer.
Bright orange Cheez-it originals are GOOD food for Canada geese, plus it will float on water and can get tossed through the air like a spinning Frisbee for about 30-feet. Every spring from March to May starting in 2012, the same two Canada geese, a married couple, return to Horse Island. They take over the island and shoo away other geese couples and sometimes will fight off a bald eagle while birthing the annual gang of baby gosling geese. The female sits on the nest that's on the ground in the middle of the island and the male half-sleeps on a close-by dock or rock and is always ready to hit the attack button and wage an aggressive loud honking, flying attack, in-their-face war with any incoming other geese or eagle.

It's that fresh cheesy Cheez-it, salty taste that keeps them coming back for more Cheez-it originals at Horse Island since 2012.

Canada geese will live for 20-years, weigh up to 14-lbs, maintain a monogamous relationship and they are NOT Canadian geese, they are Canada geese! .....

There a memorial article in the March 16, 2022 Laconia Daily Sun, "Cook, founder of ice racing club, was a 'once-in-a-lifetime' person" with three photographs that is definitely something to see and read.

A memorial article in the March 16, 2022 Laconia Daily Sun: "Cook, founder of ice racing club, was a 'once-in-a lifetime' person" with three photographs, one with grandchildren and two photos with a bright yellow ice racer is definitely something to see and read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_goose

Ok, so getting back on topic here, the local guy who drowned in Berry Pond, 70-year old Jack Cook must have a huge number of local family, friends and others who knew him. Ambrose Brothers excavation/construction has a large sign out on Route 25 that says " Jack Cook - 50 years service - We will miss you! - Rest in Peace" .... so apparently he could have been a big truck-loader-excavator mechanic at https://ambrosebros.com for 50-years, since 1972 or something!

Like I'm the same age-70 and if I got drowned the only ones to miss me would be those two Canada goose in March-April-May, and only for my bright orange Cheez-its! .....

Last edited by fatlazyless; 03-20-2022 at 10:15 AM.
fatlazyless is offline   Reply With Quote