View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 08:14 AM   #11
Biggd

Thanked 1,070 Times in 675 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
The architects' focus on the internal space layout.
We can clad the building as desired by the developers.

I can take any architectural design and change it to a multitude of formats.

For instance, the architect may stipulate a craftsman with natural elements - what most think is an Adirondack - and I can change it to a craftsman with white trim in a variety of colors and textures that turns it into a cottage style.
I never change the layout - just the design of the roof, siding, doors, and windows.

The mansard was due to code and complaints from the early public input on it being a box. Couldn't go taller, so the mansard produces a faux roof line.
The same type of thing is used in parts of downtown Laconia.

The LookOut was designed with a multi-facet shed roof... something that was used before... but with a more formidable facade. But the public would be unhappy with such a structure, so it has been altered to be more open.
The design has to be sellable, if it isn't then the project is a failure! There have been a few million dollar rehabs in my neighborhood that have gone ultra modern and were bought by European buyers that have moved to the US. The prices paid were extremely high if they have to resell they will most likely sell at a loss.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote