View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #50
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,089 Times in 783 Posts
Default New in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
I agree. I never heard of an inspector being hired by anyone OTHER than the buyer. Wow!
If you are new to the area, how does one go about in finding a quality home inspector? Most folks would ask the realtor.

That's what happen to my gf. After the inspection, I question why the wooden floor boards are curled up? The a$$hole inspector replied 'Because they laid the floor boards wrong!' I doubt that as finished floor boards can only be laid one way.

Come to find out, there were no plastic sheeting on the ground in the crawlspace under the floor and there was unsufficient foundation venting. The house was only a few years old and was built by a reputable builder. I also found out that the code inspector should have caught it.

Because there was a one year home owner warrantee on the house, an insurance company had to pretty much replace the foundation because of mold and mildew. A year later, my gf found mold and mildew growth around the walls. She sold the house. God only knows if the new owners ever found out.