Thread: Phone survey?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #16
Sandy Beach

Thumbs down Telephone solicitors are worse than boating cowboys

I extremely dislike telemarketers or those that make unsolicited calls to my home. They use every nuance to skirt or blatently violate the DNC laws. Of course, Non-profit groups, surveys, polls and political related calls are EXEMPT from Do Not Call rules.

The latest round to my phone are people who claim I have possibly won a prize, and I just have to answer a few qualifying questions. It winds up turning into something that will cost me money to get a FREE prize.

Even worse are those that use fake Caller ID name/numbers or display private call on the caller ID. They hang up on the answerphone and call numerous times a week waiting for a real person to answer. Or recordings that are left on my voice mail that says, "Press 8 to be removed from our calling list". Of course by the time I retrieve the answerphone message pushing the number 8 is a waste of time.

IMHO WinnFaBS paid people to call and disturb us at home to ask questions skewed to provide the results they wanted to get. No evidence that they tried to poll people familiar with boating or the lakes.