View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 10:48 AM   #13
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

What you need to decided is what is important to you.

If you enjoy watersports etc. likely you will not find a Pontoon, or Tri-toon to really be suitable. While you can tube, ski etc. with them, you need crazy power to do so... You will want to stick with your deck boat....

IF you concern is comfortable cruising, with an occasion tube ride for the kids, Toons make sense. I have quickly fallen in love with a used one I picked up. However even if I upgraded the motor, to the Make horsepower, for my pontoon it will not really be suitable for skiing... Tubing yes, but skiing it just will not go fast enough.....

With that said, I am sure there are performance pontoons out there that will allow for skiing, however how will the respond to an adult sking behind them is another thing. When I have seen people skiing with Pontoons, what I have witnessed is a lot of slide slipping, when the skiier is pulling hard off to one side or the other....

Bottom line is it is all about what you want to prioritize.... With Kids not showing as much interest in the lake now that they are older and have independence and options, the wife and I are strongly considering a toon with more power, and dropping the speed boat, which I have kept for water sports.