View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 10:23 AM   #12
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
This exactly.

In terms of docking, I think there are two variables that may explain what you're seeing: parachute effect and newbies/renters.

Juiced: throw another 250 on that Premiere, and you'll be great!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Re docking; my observations were these were privately owned boats and the weather was calm as I usually only go boating in good weather.

It was my belief they they were simply struggling with tight spaces at the docks, and in Wolfeboro and Weirs, the docks themselves are much tighter than Meredith. As with any boat docking, I'm sure I observed some folks who had a pretty good idea what that were doing and made it work but with some struggle, and others who were frightening to watch, and a few who actually could not do it and relied on help from people on the docks.

It has been my observation that even under perfect conditions, pontoons are harder to dock on a busy day simply because they are bigger. There may also be some additional control and response issues that I dont know about as compared to a heavy fiberglass boat. Someone who owns one would have to speak to that.

These are just observations, so dont put too much into it at the moment.

The very best advice I can give you is to either rent one, or go to a marina on the water and ask to test drive one. I would not invest a lot of money into one until I drove one and docked it myself to get a feel for what I was getting into.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote