View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 04:54 AM   #52
ApS

Thumbs up Proposing a Commercial Park to Reduce the Noise and Bedlam...

When I was a youngster, it was mostly bodysurfing that occupied my time off Kailua- and Lanikai Beaches in Hawaii. (A short walk from our house on Kaikaina Street, Oahu). Similar ample waves can be made by machine.

In contrast, these over-sized wake-MAKER boats are pathetic. https://www.theinertia.com/surf/a-su...te-impressive/

Nobody behind these over-sized wake-MAKER boats can develop the skills that make surfing as enjoyable as its "cousins", in kite-sailing. wind-surfing, or just-plain-old sailing.

This past weekend, with one to three over-sized Wake-MAKERS running back and forth, I realized that there was very little turbidity--only sticks, leaves, and pine needles floating close to shore. With the lake being as high as I can ever remember it, it must have been previous weekends' wake-making that had roiled the waters, and there was nothing left of lakefront soil to loosen.

With these artificial waves leaching people's docks of their various chemical treatments, some recompense should be made--especially in seasons of over-sized waters.
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote