View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 10:41 AM   #35
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
There's a lot more that I do not know about tinnitus than what I do know as a tinnitus sufferer.

Starting July 25 I have been taking Nortriptyline HCL 10mg cap, one pill at bedtime to help get a better night sleeping, what with the big, bad tinnitus waking me up, and making sleep difficult. It was prescribed to me by an ENT doctor at the Mass Eye and Ear in Boston, and it does help but puts me into a daze in the early morning, like till about 10-am. I usually go for a two mile walk and wander around Waterville Valley as a way to walk off the Nortriptyline daze and for mental health purposes.

You know there can be a dark and deadly end with tinnitus that makes some tinnitus sufferers go off the deep end, and actually do it to themselves ..... http://www.forbes.com/sites/ninashap...h=b630a8529403 which is a very good reason to not have a hand gun ...... is too easy ..... is too deadly. People with suicidal thoughts can get over it and regain their sense of well being. Sticking a gun in your ear is not a good way to fix your tinnitus problemo ....... like NO kidding ....

Kent Taylor, age-65 ..... tinnitus suicide .... http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/03/20/k...-founder-dies/ .... September 27, 1955 - March 18, 2021
WOW, strikes me as an odd concept that tinnitus would be the cause for anyone to commit suicide,,,

I have suffered it for decades, highly variable from modest to almost fever like ringing and never thought enough about it to even seek medical treatment. Like most things I suffer medically there is usually no relief from the medical industry.

You go to the doctor for a pain in the neck and they tell that you are overdue for a colonoscopy and you need BP meds, then you go to the doctor for a painful knee and they tell that you glucose is too high and you need meds, then you go to the doctor for a pain in your foot and they tell that you again that you are overdue for a colonoscopy and you need thyroid meds.

You never get what you complain about fixed, but you get a bunch of meds for something you didnt complain about and you are constantly being sold on colonoscopy or other invasive things even if you have no family history, you problems related to the suggested actions, and no other tests indicate a problem.

So for tinnitus I have never considered seeing a doctor myself.

I suppose it could be so bad you couldnt hear other people or sounds, but I have not yet met anyone that told me they suffered so.

Is there some other impact than just the ringing in your ears???

Suicide seem like such an odd thing to be talking about in conjunction with tinnitus I feel like I must be missing something here, as I sit here with my ears ringing like crazy today,,,
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote