View Single Post
Old 02-02-2021, 08:55 AM   #17
Cal Coon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
I see this group LWA appears to have made some effort to include specific language regarding the technology used to create the wake from most "wake boats" (ballast vs something else) and even gone so far as to call them ballast boats, is that intended to exclude other potential forms of wake increasing devices or technology?

I seem to recall some company planning to incorporate a mechanical device like a dive plane that worked somewhat like a trim tab but was intended to pull the boat stern deeper into the water to create the wake but without the risk of bringing all that water into the boat and the strain of all that increased weight on the boat. Is that kind of technology not of interest/concern to the group sponsoring HB229?

Not sure I fully understand the goal of HB229. From my seat it does not just appear to ID wake boats, but to limit the use of the term wake boats as only applying to boats that use ballast technology, which seem odd to me. But I may well be missing something as I have not been following this in great detail.

Thanks for any clarity anyone can add to this matter for me.
IMHO, I think that all you need to know is that there is always going to be somebody, or some group of people whose ULTIMATE goal is to ban anything that runs on gas and oil. They're too fast, loud, obnoxious, cause erosion, play music too loud, leaks gas and oil into the water, etc, etc, etc... There is NOTHING "good" about them. All negative. They just need a place to start. "Wake" boats just may be what they have been looking for... Time will tell. Unfortunately, these people usually get their way because they are very sly, cunning, devious, and probably most important, they are extremely patient, and never go away. So, just when you think "that will NEVER happen", it happens, and people end up walking away shaking their heads wondering how the Hell something like this could of happened...
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote