View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
XCR-700

First and foremost I come to Winnipesaukee to have fun with my family.

I hope that my boys will learn to enjoy the joys of a taking a blast across the open water on the rare occasion when the lake is mirror flat and you don’t really even care how fast you are going, its just WIDE-OPEN!!!

I hope that they will be able to spend enough time tied up at a sandbar to really appreciate just how relaxing it is to hear the water slap against the hull and that you need nothing else except a cooler full of sandwiches for a perfect day at Winnipesaukee,,,

I hope that the lake will remain accessible, and they will be able to bring their children up to enjoy Winnipesaukee as I have.

I hope that they will learn that Winnipesaukee is just as much fun in the middle of the winter as it is in the middle of the summer!

I hope that they will learn that Winnipesaukee is something to be shared with everyone; kids and seniors and everyone in between who might be playing or lounging on the shore, sail boaters on pint-sized sail-fins in the coves and wooden classics painting a backdrop against the mountains as they cross the broads, power boats from the smallest aluminum fishing boats with bolt-on outboards to the soothing drone generating woodies and classic-glass rooster-throwing jetdrives of the 60's and 70's, ETC, Etc, etc,,,

But mostly I hope they will find the same sort of friendly, courteous, and welcoming people that I met every summer that I came to Winnipesaukee as a child.

Well that’s a start,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: