Descant

Thanked 1,511 Times in 983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Field Operations Bureau
Marine Patrol Unit
Commercial Boating

Commercial Registration

All commercial boats must be commercially registered and inspected by the State of New Hampshire in compliance with RSA 270-E: 22

Any boat used as a common carrier of passengers or property; operating on a regular schedule.
Any vessel propelled by electric or mechanical power carrying passengers for hire.
Any boat or outboard motor used by the proprietor of any school or camp in which minors attend.
Any boat used in conjunction with any form of enterprise where money or other compensation is received, whether actual or implied, for employment of the vessel.
Any description of watercraft utilized by an employee of any enterprise in the performance of the employee’s duties.
Thanks for posting this section. I saw it on my own and thought it refers only to boats being registered commercially, not to requiring licenses. Te certificate requirement is actually under RSA 270-E:22.
I see some possible inherent conflicts here. The quoted passage refers (your bold) to employees. A realtor may or may not be an employee. I would suggest that there is no implied compensation if there is no sale. Just showing a property open to question.
Let's say I'm a Realtor and I decide to register my boat commercially, and get my commercial certification. Now, under 270-E:22 it appears no other family member can use the commercial boat (my visiting sister and brother-in-law) without getting a NH commercial license, even if they have a NASBLA certificate from NH or another state. Trying to make boats all commercial; or all recreational, doesn't fit a lot of circumstances that commonly arise. Perhaps the law needs to be adjusted?
Descant is offline   Reply With Quote