View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 03:20 PM   #103
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
We can all run out of luck at some point, but don't cloud the issue with extreme cases like "100%". There have been several deaths on the lake over the past several years, I'm pretty sure there was pilot error, including taking too much risk, in each. (correct me if I'm wrong)
I agree with you that in some of the cases there probably were clear problems with operator error, and in other cases no not "at fault" ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
If you are not prepared to accept responsibility for something that can be lethal; don't captain a boat, drive a car, or buy a gun.
And absolutely not if you were not in the wrong. Just because you were the operator you are not always responsible. Each case MUST be evaluated honestly and a determination what happened an who caused it. And when no clear cause can be determined you cannot place blame. Its a cornerstone of our faith in the American legal system; "innocent until proven guilt" NOT guilty until proven innocent. Its that reverse logic you are applying that too often costs innocent people everything they own to prove their innocence.

We must be responsible for "OUR" actions, we are not just responsible because we were there or just because we were the operator. Does anyone remember all the cars where the throttle accelerated the car or would not release (Audi - Toyota - etc) or the Firestone tires that exploded??? These drivers were NOT at fault for a failure their cars and tires got recalled over after several serious events.

Personal responsibility for personal actions, not for things beyond your control. Thats a game for ambulance chasing lawyers looking for cash.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote