View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 07:02 AM   #211
MotorHead

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
You have to be realistic.

I talked to a home depot clerk once and he was explaining how people walk out with stuff in their carts all the time. They just watch them walk out because it’s not worth the confrontation. Clerks are not trained to deal with that sort of thing. So they just let it go.

They gonna put up a sign say we don’t care if you steal anything. We just recommend you don’t.

From the beginning of COViD there have been some folks that refuse to comply. You need to just deal with it, it’s like others said, just stay home.

There are loonies on the road, in every store, in every crowd long before COVID.

From the beginning of COVID I’ve chosen, is it worth it? Say I want take out (when things were really bad with COViD). Often I’d just say no to myself and skip it. Other times I went ahead and got it. We had our limits of seeing anything uncomfortable, we bail.

BTW, my wife and I lost our jobs over COVID confrontation with the owner of the company we worked at. He was a total a$$ in the beginning when states were shutting down. Basically he demanded we be there or he will take that as a resignation. We never went back. I also advised everyone in the company not to comply. Most eventually did leave.

When we went to Polly’s recently my wife was concerned. I said if it doesn’t look good we’ll just do take out. But as soon as we got there we both felt very safe. Tons of space, lots of care being taken. Was it a guarantee that some nut wouldn’t sneeze with no mask going by our table? No, but highly unlikely. About as likely as getting in a car accident getting there.

Some places might try to enforce. But I don’t think many will. You just have to realize that and judge what you are willing to risk. If you don’t feel comfortable then don’t go in.

For Dunkin Donuts just do drive up.
I am sorry about losing your job, your ex boss sounds like a BIG A$$.
I hope you and your wife were able to secure something else.