View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 03:52 PM   #98
Cal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRSLA

Offshore boats don't belong on a lake that is less then a mile wide
with hills on both sides to reflect and intensify the sound.

I think is is important once again mention the harassment that
freedom loving and preaching fellows on OSO have leveled against
myself and others that have simply exercised our own right to
free speech.
"Hills that reflect and intensify sound"??? Didn't you forget the part how wooded hillsides act as a natural sound absorber? Sound relects best off of smooth hard surfaces , like a canyon wall , not a tree lined hillside. The leaves disrupt any reflections and certainly don't intensify it. Why do you think you DON'T get an echo in a wooded valley??? . Oops , I guess you forgot that.

As for harassment.....only because groups like LRSLA make us look like the greatest scurge of the Earth with ONE SIDED arguments and come at us with both "guns blazing". You poke a dog with a stick enough and your gonna get bit....be nice to him and you get a loyal friend. Not that OSO is a bunch of dogs but you seem intelligent enough to get my point.

Could you define "Offshore" boat. My title states "powerboat". The state registration denotes it as "cruiser" as opposed to "open boat'" or "runabout" because it has a cabin. Nowhere does it state it's to be called , or to be used for "offshore" purposes. I think the term "Offshore" is way over used and exploited by groups who are trying to ban them simply by their misunderstood and over emphasized name.