View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004, 03:36 PM   #31
Jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will
Ok I've been lurking around here for a while and have continuously seen posts by madrasahs totally bashing the offshore boaters on this forum. You (Madrasahs) have said yourself that you do not own a Offshore machine so nor do you know how they work.(as seen forehand.). So my question stands, how can you draw a conclusion to which you don't know. It seems as though you almost post for attention?
This isn't just aimed at you Will but is it so hard to believe that someone may see an issue differently than you? And since when do you have to be an expert on something to have an opinion?

I'm a lurker too and what I mostly see is Madrasahs giving his opinions without getting nasty and with a sense of humor. He also tries to back up his comments with links to articles about similar topics or incidents. That is very much unlike most of his detractors who are frequently rude and irrational (IMHO). I thought only politicians just smear anyone they disagree with. Except for Skip (a notable exception), they rarely back up their opinions and just have hissy fits every time Madrasahs posts anything.

It's really too bad since I think it intimidates other people who may share some of his opinions but don't want to get attacked. Certainly he and I are not the only ones concerned about the excessively large, powerful and noisy boats that are growing in numbers every year on the lake. It seems to me that this is a suitable topic for this forum and everyone should be able to give their opinion without being ripped apart.

I personally like to read both sides of issues. If the anti-Madrasahs crowd would respond in a more thoughtful and less emotional way I would give their opinion more weight.