View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 06:49 AM   #20
Audiofn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
The "spot beam" does prevent you from getting locals if you move around the country. However New York City and all of New England are in the same spot beam. You will not lose locals unless you move beyond that area.

I have Boston Locals at my lake account. But they will want to give you Portland for this area. Again it takes working the system.

If you get an Directv RV account that can move all over the country, then you can have New York and LA locals that are not out of the spot beam bird. You get them everywhere.
Just remember bringing your receivers from your other house up to your lake house and using them up there is considered "theft of services". Honestly if you can afford the lake houses you are much better off paying an extra 60 bucks a month or what ever the bill is. First off you can call for service if there is an issue and secondly you can sleep at night with a clean concience. I wish that they still has their second house program that they had years ago but they stopped it for some reason and now only have the "RV" package. Probably because dad would get the service and all the kids would jump on board? If you live in MA and stay at your lake house all summer they will allow you to move your service OR shut it down in one location and activate it at the other. I do not know if there is a limit to how often you can do this or not.

As far as getting the locals. The NY locals are available to people lets just call it east of the miss.. They are on a older Sat. that does NOT have the spot beam technology. The Boston locals are on a sat that has spot beam. The HD locals are as well. The standard Def. channels have a much larger beam then the HD locals. I would be shocked if you got Boston HD locals at the lake? Also as they move channels around on satellites as more and more HDTV channels become available and they decommision older satellites you will find that some channels may all of the sudden not work.

All just to keep us all confused and me employeed
Audiofn is offline   Reply With Quote