View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #6
gokart-mozart

Default Show Us The Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
where the phosphorous level has risen from 4.8 micrograms per liter to an alarming six micrograms per liter over the past ten years, leaving officials in communities like Meredith scrambling to halt the use of lawn fertilizers and pesticides that infiltrated the lake through runoff, triggering the rapid increase in phosphorous.
Please provide a citation or a link to data that demonstrates that a rise from 4.8 micrograms to 6.0 micrograms is of any significance whatsoever.

Six micrograms per liter (quart) is a tiny, tiny, TINY amount of phosphorus.

Now, I'm not a water chemist and I don't work in this area of science.

But I have no reason to believe a single word uttered by any environmental "scientist", much less a regulator who works for DES, that is not supported by observational, or better experimental, data.

Perhaps there is a threshold for eutrophication. Perhaps that threshold lies between 4.8 and 6.0 MICROGRAMS.

But given the constant lying and data falsification by atmospheric carbon "scientists" chasing power and influence, the default assumption should be that aquatic phosphorus scientists should have to show us verifiable and reproducible data BEFORE they get to change our lives, not AFTER.
gokart-mozart is offline   Reply With Quote