View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #263
NoRegrets

You guys are great! This forum is great fun, informative, and a major diversion as I am supposed to be working and adding value in return for my salary……….

Acres Per Second – To sum up what you are saying (but not trying to put words in your mouth) is it that you see no difference in this years boating except less traffic? If so then I agree the speed limit is not doing anything. Your posting reads like a pressure relief valve blowing off steam. There were many real examples to your points that we have all witnessed. I hope it served its purpose and I appreciate the time it took to create. It was well written and painted a picture that almost makes me want to stay away from the lake.

Even though all these events occur I will not shy away from using the lake.

I am aware that some are trying to return the lake to a quiet reclusive haven but that conflicts with the many people who like to “cut loose” when they go to resort areas. It is interesting to read threads where some embrase the risk of water balloon launchers and how others are appalled that they are even allowed to exist. There are many personal perspectives on the “threshold of sanity”.

Planes fly over, cars go by, motorcycles with questionable exhausts surround us, dogs bark, wolves howl, lightening explodes, loud base banging music from boom-box-cars (remember the old days when a certain class of people carried these massive devices on their shoulders? Now they sit in them!), accidents will happen and yes, people will be harmed. We can not stop or change progress (could be an interesting debate).

Where is it written that silence is a legal right? We do not expect to be shaken out of bed or of the porch like you mentioned and there is a thread to address this and I do sympathize with you and your party’s unpleasant experience.

I just finished reading the simple law "HB - 847 Final Version" to see what type of provision it had for analysis. THERE WERE NONE! The sponsors of the bill should be embarrassed with the final outcome and how little the law does to benefit the lake.

How do we come to a view of collecting statistics to validate “speed”? Safety is an ending Trump card in the play but the statistics do not support it. Noise, land erosion, and many categories of bonehead moves seem to be better plays for real statistical analysis.

A few more hours of work and I can start the commute to d'lake....
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NoRegrets For This Useful Post: