View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #10
Argie's Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdude View Post
I'd rather see something more informal where people can drop in and drop out and not be stuck on a boat for 3 hours. The forumfest is starting to seem more like a "function" (with tickets etc) than a gathering of friends....but if you guys are OK with that....go for it.
I didn't attend last year - but I could have if it was on land - simply because of time constraints. My 20 year high school reunion was that same day. If the boat had docked just 30 mins sooner, I could have made it to Maine on time. C'est la vie. It looked like a good turn out so that's why I suggested it. I'm open to whatever, really... I don't like formal stuff - let's keep it simple so more can attend.

In looking at my notes from the past couple of years we've consider The Boys & Girls Club (in Laconia) for a charity. That was one that came up last year but we went with the food pantries, which I also thought was a good choice.

I do like the idea of a State Park - like the Ellacoya. But did you know they charge $400 for a gathering of 100? I'd rather go somewhere we can meet for free.