Thread: Pier 19
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 03:20 PM   #57
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Comparing Pier 19 and Jo Jo's is not possible... location location location!!!!...

I think one of the biggest obstacles with Pier 19 right now.....Is the current owner. While they seem to want to sell and not run the business any more, they don't have a attractive price on the facility. Anyone looking at the business has to look at the purchase price, the amount of revenue they will be able to generate etc.

If the price came down I am sure interest would increase... As it is right now... The price is too high.... given the short season etc.....

From its location, I would never envision Pier 19 being more then a season business.... Jo Jo's on the other hand could be... but doesn't choose to be because they simply break even all winter long... All their profits come in the summer...

Pier 19 would be best utilized for the gas pumps, and ice cream... the problem is the building is so much bigger then that.... and the owner once to sell with a price based on what the building could support for businesses....