Thread: Marine Patrol
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Winnipesaukee

Your boat sunk!??!!?

Don't hesitate--post that picture up! Hold these public figures accountable!

Tons of 150' violations yesterday. Albeit everyone I encountered was doing so safely, but I also violated the rule numerous times to keep my boat on plane when the other guy didn't want to slow down. I've gotten over it. I get the vibe that everyone out there in similarly sized boats makes eye contact, knows he is about to break the rule (safely), and it is OK with both captains and the only issue is "will MP see this?"

Your situation, though, should never have happened. It sounds the other guy was not being safe or considerate to you. In all honesty, next time you see this happening to you, just stay on plane. You have more control of your boat and are less vulnerable to the wake.

However, to the AIRHEAD in the 21' Bayliner at the Meredith town docks: that slip was too SMALL for you. I shouldn't have little scratches in my bow because you decided to be CBH today. Also, YOU'RE WELCOME for: tying up your boat, retying my boat, telling you about the beautiful town of Meredith, leaving my slip early so you didn't look too much like an idiot in front of your family, and finally tolerating you for not thanking me for anything.

How far is Moosehead?