View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #12
loopcharged

Default For the record

I am a full time year round resident of Moultonborough and have been since 1979. As a boy I worked with Fred Marcus ( his daughter now runs the loon sanctuary/center ) at the "point" where Fred was working with Dartmouth college to eradicate milfoil. I have personaly witnessed the degradation of the Lee's mills and greens basin areas. I was working on Squam lake when milfoil was discovered there and cooperated with the SLA to ensure it would not propagate from outside trailer traffic. I am very aware of my responcibility as a boater to help prevent the migration of invasive speicies. I also have some very serious and personal reasons for not wanting records of where I am or what I may or may not be doing there. In the past I have simply and politely declined the Lake Host's request for inspections and recording of my bow numbers. Until last Sunday there had been no trouble. Ultimately I believe that I was used as a pawn wherein the female Lake Host representative didn't like my wife declining their request for inspection. I was not present when the request was made and declined. I only confirmed that Lake Host was performing as they stated. They did not. If when I veiwed the "public" information on the clipboard and found that Lake Host had done what they indicated to my wife they would do, there would be no issue.