View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
loopcharged

Default Lake Host documenting personal info?

I hope none of you find yourselves in a position wherein you require privacy when you are boating. However, for those of you who do- use caution when launching your boat in Moultonborough. On Sunday 8/8/10 , my wife asked the two Lake Host people who approched the boat we were launching, NOT to record our bow and/or licence plate numbers and they responded that they would not. They did any way. When asked to see thier clipboard ,after they assured my wife they had not recorded our numbers, there was my bow number. I only spoke with the male Lake Host who lied to my wife wherein he assured her that he had not done so. He handed me his clipboard and indicated that I could scratch my numbers off. I did. His female counterpart then contacted the Moultonborough police department and indicated that I had intimadated her. At no time did she or her counterpart indicate that I used threatening, boistreous, or foul language, or for that matter ever speak with the female Lake Host representative, as per the Moultonborough police report. I was then contacted be Sargent Beede and told that I needed to give a statement. I am now fearful that if I launch a boat in Moultonborough that my personal info is to be tracked agaist my will and/or I will be accused of , well anything, if I attempt to launch a boat by myself (without a wittness). I have been informed by chief Dawson of the Moultonborough police department that as the town agreed to the milfoil project by the department of enviromental services and in the contract we "agreed" to have that information tracked. Subsequently I have interveiwed with chief Dawson and he has indicated that the Moultonborough police department has had other troubles with the lake host program representatives.