View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 07:00 AM   #56
sky's

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
Family been on Winnipesaukee since 1892. I grew up on The Broads from 1950 to about 2000. The family moved to Winnisquam because the atmosphere of the lake and neighborhood was getting worst. Never regret the move, in fact a number of 'old families' have moved to other lakes in the Lakes Region.
I envy those on Newfound Lake. Excellent boat ramp and a friendly atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, Winnisquam is a lot quieter and friendlier than Winnipesaukee. I'm 70 and enjoy waterskiing on this lake because it is a lot calmer, don't have to worry about yahoos cutting me off.

As for the neighborhood, it was basically blue-collar until the mid '90's when taxes skyrocketed and folks decided to sell. Big spenders buy up the properties, tear down beautiful lake cottages and build McMansions. Neighborhoods were known for annual 'block parties' until the NIMBYs call the police. They even call the police if fellow boaters anchor out front to visit! They are so anti-neighborly!

Some food for thoughts if you really want to enjoy Lakes Region.
so true man in many ways has ruined Lake Winni. never did anything for me except put food on my table. been in New Hampshire all my life and in Moultonborough for 21 years Columbus day weekend is my favorite time of year.
sky's is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sky's For This Useful Post: