View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
Thundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
Great post; thanks for sharing. Just remember when you find a great place to anchor, don't post it and don't ask for our secret places. In the meantime, Join Lakes Region Conservation Trust, and you can visit some of their islands, hike and explore.
I'm glad I could share.

I have been reading on here for a few weeks now as due to COVID, where I was leaving the boat on a dock at my dad's place down on Cape Cod, as we will wait for the green light/phase 4 here in MA so we don't take any chance getting him sick, the gear needed to be switched and as the lake is only some 70 miles from home, and the water just so, so nice, I consider myself so fortunate to live close enough to get up and back with no problems towing the boat whenever we want to go.

I have learned, like fishing forums, especially striped bass ones, that spot burning is very much frowned-upon and on this forum it is the same way with only places to anchor and visit. At least from what I had seen from a few hours on a Monday in June, the number of places that one can spend time in are almost endless as the amount of shoreline is massive. I surely will not ask for any secret-places.

The hiking spots will be a nice change of pace, if we can get the kids out of the water.
Thundra is offline   Reply With Quote