View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #23
MAXUM

Thanked 1,942 Times in 802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Descant View Post
WHO did you register with? Who did you make the check out to? There has to be information I'm missing here. There is no requirement to register a boat until you operate it on NH waters. Put a project boat in your barn and restore it over 3 years--no need to pay for three years of non -operation. If you have registration and check backdated by the agent, I think there is a refund due.
So as the story goes... I bought a boat in PA on labor day weekend back in 2007 from a dealer. PA registrations were for two years, the boat was on the first of the two year registration. PA also allowed the transfer of the paid registration to the new owner, that being me. Same went for the trailer. Brought the boat back to NH and used it out the rest of '07. In the spring of '08 I went to Concord the register the boat and trailer. The trailer was re-plated and the registration fees was based on the sale date. The boat was also subject to the same thing I was charged for '07 and '08. When I questioned this and asked to speak to a "supervisor" it was explained to me that was the way it works. I though it was odd but if the person in charge says that's the way it's done who am I to say otherwise. I have heard others that have had the same thing happen.
MAXUM is offline   Reply With Quote