View Single Post
Old 03-13-2021, 04:20 PM   #99
garysanfran

Not a scam I've not heard of. I've had to step through yellow tape and over a dead body to get into one appointment at a public housing project in Oakland. Gangs shot a security guard through the walls of his office with automatic weapons about 20 mins. before I arrived.

One 92 yr. old woman told me that she and her, now deceased, husband bought a good 2-unit owner-occupied building in a good neighborhood 60 yrs. before the neighborhood changed and she got a bad actor who didn't pay his rent for almost a year. His electricity got shut-off for non-payment so, without her knowing, he cut a hole through their common wall and he tapped into the back of one of her outlets. So she paid for his electricity unkonwingly. And he tapped into her cable TV, so she paid for the cable also. I told her what to do and she got him out in two months.

I busted one of the largest Nigerian fraud rings on the west coast. A guy posed as a landlord wanting to screen people through my company. I had suspicions and found him in my database as a past tenant who had an eviction filing that had been dismissed. I knew where he was and started my own investigation. I past the results on to The Secret Service and they nailed his ass. They had been looking for him for a long time, and couldn't find him. Got him and 15 family members.

I came across a Craigslist rental fraud in the Lakes Region last year when I needed to rent a place for a month while my place on the lake was rented out. They said COVID prevented them from showing it in person. I could drive by and look at photos. I Googled-Earthed the address and saw a sign with the phone # of the apartment community, I called the manager and she told me it was a fraud.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote