View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 08:39 PM   #10
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,962 Times in 1,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Sorry, but no. Especially if you have a larger garage. The one in the picture is 24 X 36. The epoxy people put in a lot of time at my garage. I wanted something really nice because there is a special car going in there and I wanted a show quality floor. They did that. It might be a little bit of a waste of money, but oh well..................There are no luggage racks on a hearse!

The floor people have to degrease the floor and then etch the floor. Once the concrete is clean, they profile the garage floor by exposing the pores in the surface of the concrete for the epoxy to flow into and achieve a good bond.

Dust and temperature are issues. Most epoxy paint coatings can be applied in temperatures from 55 to 90 degrees, with temperatures between 70 and 80 degrees ideal. The epoxy kits come in 1½ gallon components – 1 gallon Part A resin to ½ gallon Part B hardener.

Depending on which epoxy coating system you are installing, the first coat will be a primer coat or the color base coat. There is approximately a 40 minute working window during ideal conditions.

There is a window of 10 to 24 hours before applying the second coat. This is based on ideal temperatures.

I used Hard Surface solutions. They did good work and I found them because of work they did for John Getty, Gettyshine.

603-393-1336
Do you mind sharing what that cost? I'm looking to have my garage floor done, and it's one thing I might be willing to invest in.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote