View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 10:42 AM   #27
burgerunh

I have a 12' Row Boat FLL! Its great for all the reasons you mentioned. My total investment in it is $40 for the row boat at a yard sale and $25 for the wood oars off of Craigslist. I keep it at the camp and use it several times a year to go fishing. I even added a comfy swivel fishing seat from your favorite store. I throw it in the bed of my pickup truck solo and bring it around to various small bodies of water to do some fishing.

However, It doesn't compare to the Yamaha FX Cruiser HO we have for speed or thrills. That thing is a hoot! 2 different toys for 2 different purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlazyless View Post
Just forget the jetski, and get a $300 or $400, second hand, used, aluminum 11' row boat, either a vee-hull or a jon boat with a new set of 78" light weight, wood oars for $80 from Parafunalia in Gilford. An old ugly aluminum row boat can either be cleaned up, or cleaned up and painted to make it look like something good.

Rowing is just like eating Wonderbread .... it builds better bodies in 12 ways .... plus there's no gasoline, no annual registration, no annual insurance, no jet ski boat lift, and maybe no trailer needed.

An 11' jon boat will fly over the water when rowed with 78" light weight, Canadian wooden oars, holds one, two or three people plus a dog, and the boat only weighs 80-lbs.

Go row that small boat and forget about the jetski!
burgerunh is offline   Reply With Quote